Wednesday, October 9, 2013

The Trip to Mauer Park

When people visit Berlin, Mauer Park is always on their list of places to see, and for a good reason; Mauer Park has a famous Flea Market every Sunday. From special artisan goods to tofu burgers to old Polaroid cameras, this place has everything and a bag of chips. If you're not looking to buy anything, that works too--just sit on a stone step and listen to some ridiculous karaoke for a good chunk of your afternoon.

Oli and I realized that although we've separately gone to Mauer Park on several occasions, we never went together. So since his band practice was cancelled, we decided to go!



En route to the Park.


I snuck a shot when he was talking.


This poster is the reason why life is awesome.


This is literally what it looks like every time you enter Mauer Park.



We found the stall with the cool vintage frames! I see them every time I'm here. Never gets boring trying on a ridiculous pair of specks. I was going for sexy librarian but definitely getting more of a grandma vibe here . . .


Collecting old typewriters is something I wish I had the finances for.


Look at those porcelain beer mugs!

Halfway through walking around and picking stuff up and putting it down, Oli and I got a bit hungry. I frequently see Turkish food stalls selling these wraps with feta, tomato, and arugula inside of them so we bought one to share!


Sorry we ate it before the shot. One time I took a huge bite of a personal pizza before taking a picture and it looked like a huge hole was in the middle. Anyway, the wrap was super lecker (tasty)!

We also went to see the karaoke.


Big crowd


This girl from Missouri was BANANAS. She sang "What's Up" by 4 Non Blondes and she was partly drunk and all funny.

After an hour or so of watching the action, we decided to go back and do another small round. I found those Voo-Doo dolls that were a semi fad back in middle school. I love me some Mario and Luigi!



That pretty much sums up the entire trip. After that we went home and sprayed whipped cream all over our . . . . cappuccinos. ;) (Get yer head out of the gutters!)

If you're ever in Berlin, make sure to check it out~

0 comments:

Post a Comment