Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas Market at Gendarmenmarkt Part II

Hello everybody and Merry Christmas Eve to you all! I know I've been showcasing my photos from Paris lately but I thought it was only appropriate to [finally] make my Christmas Market post I promised a little while back. So here are the photos from the Christmas Market in Gendarmenmarkt!
Also read to the end for some exciting news and to figure out where Part I is!


The entrance was very pretty as was the large Christmas tree!




I found some cute winged cups! I reckon it might be a bit of a hassle to hold but none the less, they are charming.



After a bit of walking around, Oli got mega hungry so we stopped by one of the stalls selling sausages.




Oli and his Krakauer!

A bit more of strolling and the concert began in the center stage. It was so strange because the singer even sang that famous New York song, which has nothing to do with Christmas. Well, I guess it's a festive number.



While the show was going on, we grabbed some Glühwein (hot wine mixed with seasonal spices) because what is Christmas without Glühwein?



If you're ever visiting a Christmas Market here in Germany, you can get collector's mugs! Every cup is different depending on the market. You just pay for the wine and deposit and if you want to keep the cup, you just don't bring it back (it works out that the deposit is the price you pay for the cup).


Thank you everyone for all the support thus far. I just want to say how grateful I am and that I wish everyone a very wonderful Christmas tomorrow.


And for the news . . .  I have a new blog now. It will not replace this one naturally. I realized that this blog was becoming too random before so to make it more cohesive, I have a different blog for lifestyle and fashion. I figured it was best to separate the two interests because not everyone is interested in both.

Anyway, for all those who want to check it out, please follow the link to Part I of the Gendarmenmarkt Christmas Market!

0 comments:

Post a Comment