Wednesday, July 15, 2015

German (?) Bakery and Cat Cafe in Kyoto

Hello everybody, it's Aya here and I am officially back from holidays in Japan! Actually, it's been a few days since I've been back and all I've been doing is eating cake and playing this Tsum Tsum game on my tablet that I downloaded off of the Play Store in Japan. I think I'm officially in denial that I turned one year older while I was away.

To make the transition even harder, I'm importing all of my photos and videos onto my computer and I realized that it would just be an awful shame not to bombard you all with post photos of my beautiful vacation in Japan. Sorry that it won't be a recipe post this time around but I hope that some of the food shots here will be enticing enough!

I went to Japan with Oli and we terrorized 3 cities together: Tokyo, Osaka, and Kyoto. I'm going in no specific order here with my photos so let's just jump over to Kyoto and see what we did there.



We stayed in a residential part of Kyoto and the area was very quiet.

On our first day, we decided to rent bikes into the city. What was supposed to be a ride to this vegan restaurant I found on happycow.net ended up being a crazy adventure into unfamiliar territory. That is, until we found out the restaurant was closed that day but nearby there was something familiar after all.




I normally like to stay away from food I already know when in a foreign country but I basically couldn't resist the coincidence of finding a German bakery in a random part of Kyoto. Also because we walked inside and realized none of the goodies were German.




But who says no to a Japanese pastry? I'll tell you: nobody.



I thought I was tired of Japanese bread but looking at this makes me want some again.

After a short trip into an area that we thought looked cool (which ended up being an incredibly popular area near the famous Fushimi Inari Shrine), we found one of the purposes of our trip: a cat cafe.


Many Japanese residences don't allow pets so the cat cafe is the perfect place to come, drink a coffee, and enjoy being in the presence of adorable furriness.



She was my favorite: a calico by the name of Ringo (it means apple in Japanese). Unfortunately, she was also the shyest and didn't really want to play, but she watched us all through a little house she went into later.





Cat cafes require you to pay a certain amount for your time there. From there, you can choose to order drinks or pay for snacks for cats. It can get a bit pricey but if you love cats or are missing your cat back home (as we were), it's worth a visit. The ones here were very friendly and even finished my tea as we were leaving.

Neko Café TiME
Fukakusa Ichinotsubocho, Fushimi Ward, Kyoto
Kyoto Prefecture 612-0012, Japan

1 comment:

  1. omg, the food looks soooooo goood!!! *drooling*
    Do they have a lot of these cat cafes in Japan?

    ReplyDelete