Saturday, April 5, 2014

Strawberries and Lemon for Breakfast

Guten Morgen everyone! Well, it's technically not morning here anymore but since it's just becoming morning in America, I'll nab the opportunity.

The weather, albeit some rain and clouds, has been pretty amazing lately and when amazing weather hits, all I want are jazzy refreshments. I've been getting a kick out of the fruit water trend, mainly because it suits my no-hassle personality, and putting slices of fruit in water and letting it sit overnight is one of the easiest ways to make your life better. Not to mention it's just so pretty to look at!


Art in a pitcher.

After taking a few pictures, I knew my tummy needed solid food. A bowl of oats always fills the void (not to mention it fits the requirements for my 21 Day Vegan Challenge!)


I like it thick so I continuously add water and stir until I reach a desired consistency. Mix-ins while cooking include the following: flax flakes, ground hazelnuts, cinnamon, and raisins.

Then I topped it with strawberries, lemon zest (I love the multiple uses for citrus), more cinnamon, and some maple syrup. Guten Appetit!






By the way, this is my favorite bowl. I bought it in Paris the second time I went because I was completely obsessed with the idea of getting a giant bowl for cappuccino (as I saw in this one travel show). I realize now it serves no purpose for coffee in my hands because I seldom drink it. But the cats! Boy, are they cute.

The brand of the bowl is Comptoir de Famille. I am in love with their stuff.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed having breakfast with me. Ciao for now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment