Thursday, April 24, 2014

The Last Few Days

I have a bad habit of sleeping late, waking up early, and then just powering through the day and sleeping late again. Please excuse me if I start writing gibberish because my brain is rusting. Now onto content (what a horrible introduction)!


I recently went to see the Russian Ravens play in Mitte. I'm not just saying this because I know the band members (okay, Oli is totally the drummer) but seriously, they are great! I definitely had moments of Explosions in the Sky feels the first time around. The only set back is I have no idea what they're saying because the lyrics are all in Russian.

Also, I've been experimenting in the kitchen a lot more.


I bought these soy pellets to test out. You just soak them in water or broth and they become a sort of meat substitute. I'm really used to eating fake meat so it's not out of the norm for me but for any meat eaters out there, don't expect this to taste like what you're used to.

I also have been doing a lot of baking.


Gluten Free, vegan, and sugar free is really tricky if you don't have the right ingredients. In fact, I still don't have the right ingredients (much harder to find arrowroot powder or xantham gum here casually).

I did manage to create an edible sad brick!


Tada! It even has glue on top. Okay, it wasn't half bad (I just need to work on texture). But seriously, doesn't it look tragic?

Finally on Easter (or rather the night before), I went to a huge fire near Oli's house.




It's actually a practice here in Germany to have Easter fires. There are many in the more suburban parts of Berlin and Brandenburg, and they have little shows and play schlager music (it's the music you imagine drunk German people dance to). Definitely a cozy way to spend a brisk evening.


I stick out like a sore thumb.

What did you guys do for Easter?

0 comments:

Post a Comment